Milan Cathedral (Italian: Duomo di Milano) is the cathedral church of Milan in Lombardy in northern Italy. Dedicated to Santa Maria Nacenti and is the seat of the Archbishop of Milan, Cardinal current Dionaiji Tetamanzi. Church design is similar to a large extent the church of Notre Dame with some minor differences, the horizontal projection is based on the networking system and ends with 5 apses in the altar area coverage system is crossed vaults Milan Cathedral. The Cathedral of Milan in Italy, Europe's third church in magnitude, after St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and the Cathedral of San Michele, Spain. It was established by Jian Vasconta in 1385 AD, and was completed built by order of Napoleon I between 1805 and 1813.
The origin of the word Duomo (Duomo) Latin (domus) and means the house is meant here God's house as to the meaning of the word cathedral (Cathedral), which carry the same meaning (house of God) or (domus Dei)
It includes Alkatdriah from home a lot of paintings for months Alrsamyin Worlds also includes statues and artwork even more fascinating and on the borders of the room on the right find the coffins of glass delegation Remember inside the body of some former bishops of the cathedral and in the forward find a very grand piano has been engraved with carvings of art fascinates all who sees it
In the place where stands the Cathedral once stood the ancient cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore, winter Cathedral, and the Basilica of Santa Tecla, cathedral summer. After the collapse of the tower, Archbishop Antonio de 'Saluzzi, supported by the population, promoted the reconstruction of a new, larger cathedral (12 May 1386), which arose on the site of the oldest religious heart of the city. For the new building began to break down both previous churches: Santa Maria Maggiore was demolished first, Santa Tecla later, in 1461-1462 (partially rebuilt in 1489 and finally demolished in 1548).
The new church, judging from the archaeological remains emerged from the excavations in the sacristy, had originally expected a brick building according to the Lombard gothic techniques. In January 1387 they laid the foundations of the pylons, colossal works that had already been planned and designed the previous year. During 1387 they continued the excavation of foundations and continued the pylons. What was done before 1386 it was all undone almost. During the year the Lord Gian Galeazzo Visconti, he took control of the work, imposing a more ambitious project. The material chosen for the new building then became the Candoglia marble and architectural forms those of the late Gothic-inspired Rhenish-Bohemian. The desire of Gian Galeazzo was in fact to give the city a grandiose building up with the latest European trends, which would symbolize the ambitions of his state, which, in his plans, was supposed to become the center of an Italian national monarchy as it was success in France and England, including himself among the great powers of the continent. Gian Galeazzo himself available quarries and granted substantial subsidies and tax exemptions: each block for the Cathedral was marked AUF (Ad usum fabricae), and therefore free from any tribute of passage. As evidenced by the rich archives preserved to this day, the first chief engineer was Simone d'Orsenigo, flanked by other Lombard masters, who in 1388 began the perimeter walls. In the 1389-1390 he was commissioned to design the windows Frenchman Nicolas de Bonaventure.